Previous Role: Real Estate Manager, Carrols Restaurant Group
Carrols Restaurant Group, Real Estate Manager
January 2016-March 2020
Responsible for the full cycle development of new Carrols/Burger King Restaurants in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Kentucky and Tennessee.
• Site selection through extensive market research with time spent in the field with Regional Directors of Operations and Burger King Corporation leadership.
• Acquisition of properties through purchase agreement and lease contract negotiations.
• Create and present project packages to Carrols Board of Directors for approval.
• Lead team of engineers and architects through the entitlement process by meeting with government municipalities to insure efficient due diligence timeline.
• Began the process with pre-application meetings with government officials, utility representatives and community organizations to determine project timeline. Followed next steps through the Planning Commission, City Council, and other public hearings for approval of restaurant zoning.
• In tandem work with Burger King Corporate (BKC) officials to take the project through BKC approval process.
• Manage Construction Managers through estimating and budget process.
• Create sales projections based on research done on existing restaurants.
• The top producing Real Estate Manager 2017, 2018, and 2019. Solely responsible for 50% of all new projects built out of team of five.
• Renegotiated existing leases for significant rent reductions resulting in over $250,000 in savings to the bottom line.